Licensing & Ventures Manager – Life Science
- Are you motivated by the process of turning University research into inventions that address real world needs?
- Would you like to join a team of outstanding people in Oxford University Innovation (OUI), to help Oxford ideas come to life?
With one foot in academia and the other in industry, OUI’s professionals undertake a wide variety of tasks. From licensing university ideas, and finding investment for spinout companies, to setting up social enterprises and supporting student entrepreneurship, university innovation is the magic behind the scenes that turns ideas born in a university into companies and technologies that look to have a positive and transformative economic and societal impact on the wider world.
The successful candidate will work within a talented and experienced team in the Licensing & Ventures Group, focusing on commercialising technologies developed predominantly from Medical Science at the University of Oxford. The key responsibilities of the role are:
- Working with and influencing world-leading academics to commercialise new technologies
- Identifying and executing new commercial strategies for transferring technologies to industry
- Negotiating appropriate licensing contracts, in conjunction with legal experts
- Supporting the formation of spinout companies.
The successful applicant will have a Life Sciences degree (or equivalent), with a PhD or MBA desirable but not essential. However, it is essential that you will have a good appreciation of research and development in a medical technologies field, gained either in a commercial or technical role. You should also demonstrate a passion for entrepreneurship and enterprise, ideally also possessing some experience of translation of scientific innovation into commercial products and with the ambition to achieve results. You will also need to demonstrate excellent interpersonal, relationship management, team working skills, as well as strong verbal and written communication skills.
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for this role, please download the application form from Oxford University Innovation website (www.innovation.ox.ac.uk) and send together with a copy of your CV and covering letter to Sarah Barton at email@example.com.
Salary for this role is commensurate with experience and will be in the range of £35,000 – £40,000.
The closing date is midday on Wednesday 18 April 2018.
Oxford University Innovation is an Equal Opportunities Employer and accredited with the Investors in People Silver status.