Entered the incubator in February 2011
To help cultivate a new energy consciousness by empowering businesses and households to save energy by having the right knowledge and tools at their disposal.
Pilio’s Core Values
- Butterfly Effect: We believe a small change has a big impact.
- Scientific Integrity: As an outgrowth of the Environmental Change Institute at the University of Oxford, our energy saving software, devices and programmes are rooted in a rigorous approach of applied science.
- Human Intelligence: We bring a behavioral science perspective to how energy is used. We recognize that real energy savings occur when people are directly connected with their energy use and are motivated to make deliberate and tangible choices to save energy.
- Systems approach: We apply systems thinking to energy waste, emphasizing context and connectedness. Meaningful energy saving requires drawing boundaries around a system and making sure that savings achieved in one area don’t pop up as energy increases elsewhere.
- Scalability: Our solutions are designed to be scalable and agile, equally serving a small business, a major corporation, a network of hundreds of organizations, and a community of households.
- Adaptability: We are a test bed for energy saving solutions, adapting to changing technical, policy and social landscapes. We bring a flexible, adaptive approach to meeting and supporting our clients where they are on the energy saving ladder, from energy novice to energy savvy.
Ready to get in touch?Contact Us
© Oxford University Innovation