Molecular and Cellular Medicine Board (MCMB)
Work on basic biological mechanisms or technology relevant to understanding aetiology of, or developing treatments for, multiple diseases or conditions (excluding particular organ systems or diseases). Also large multi-purpose cohort studies linking genetics or other biological measures to environment and health.
MCMB is responsible for the MRC's programmes and funding in:
- Cell biology
- Structural biology and biophysics
- Developmental and stem cell biology (excluding neurobiology)
- Molecular haematology
- Chemical biology
- Cancer (includes basic biology, translational research and epidemiology)
- Radiation Oncology and Biology
- Genetic mechanisms and genomics
- Environmental factors (toxins, radiation etc.) affecting health
- Regenerative medicine
- Nanotechnology and applications of other new technologies to biomedicine
- Method development for gene therapy
All proposals anticipating MRC expenditure greater than £3 million should be discussed with the named Programme Manager.
Please note that all applicants are required to select the generic Research Board Submissions Call (e.g. Research Boards Jan/Feb 2014 Submissions) during the process of creating their ‘New Document’ within the Je-S System.