With proven psychometric and operational performance the DHP has a number of distinct advantages over other diabetes-specific patient reported outcome measures when assessing the psychological and behavioural impact of living with diabetes. These include:
- A clearly defined conceptual framework of the measurement model which conforms to the FDA’s Final guidance for Industry on the development and use of patient reported outcome measures
- The measurement of dysfunctional eating behaviour – which, despite its importance in the management of diabetes, is absent in other scales
- Content reported by patients as highly relevant to living with diabetes
- Norm referenced database and MID’s
- The objective of the DHP is to identify psychological and behavioural dysfunctioning in insulin-dependent and insulin-requiring patients in ambulatory care.
^ Back to top